How Can We Benefit Your Patients?
Sometimes, healthcare providers dealing with elderly patients are reluctant to talk about home care resources if the patients’ needs are not strictly medical. Even though healthcare providers may notice that these elderly individuals are having a hard time dealing with their day-to-day life or even their health, they still find it hard to discuss long-term care plan with these patients because they are mostly in denial with what they go through. Providing patients with all options available to deal with their declining health can empower them to make an informed decision. Home care is an ideal option for many individuals and families.
At Divine Favour Senior Homecare, our care professionals strive to provide patients and their families with the best option available to them. We begin with discussing the available care and conducting a free in-home assessment to create a personalized care plan tailored to the patients’ needs. The goal is to offer support that the patients need to continue living independently. Services can range from vitals monitoring, meal preparation, and medication reminders, to all forms of assistance with activities of daily living and personal care. We aim to meet and surpass the needs of our clients who require our care.
Many doctors find it hard to discuss the patients’ need to stop driving. This is because many aging individuals consider giving up their car keys one of the hardest things to do. But helping them to be informed of the alternatives available to them can make the transition from them being the driver to passenger a smooth sailing process. At Divine Favour Senior Homecare, we would be happy to assist with any of your patients’ transportation needs. Our staff often receives requests to provide transportation assistance to doctor’s appointments, running errands, and even accompanying our clients to social outings.
When Should You Refer?
Anyone can refer someone for home care services, but healthcare professionals are usually the ones who are knowledgeable enough of the challenges experienced by the patients. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and social workers have the chance to get to know their patients better and can help them with the information and resources available to them. A patient’s case can be different from that of the others, but the questionnaire below can assist you with your assessment whether home care is the best option for your patient, as well as to know when to actually refer them.
Through our wide range of support services, Divine Favour Senior Homecare is able to assist patients with many aspects of their care needs. If you think that a patient would benefit from the services we provide, you can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to discuss referrals as we work with you, and your patient, to provide the distinctively customized support they need.
Here are the questions for your guidance:
- Does your patient require medication monitoring?
- Has your patient been diagnosed with a neurological disease requiring supervision or assistance?
- Would your patient need mobility assistance due to general weakness or as the result of a stroke?
- Does your patient have trouble eating a nutritional and balanced diet?
- Is personal care beneficial for your patient such as bathing or incontinence care?
- Would your patient benefit from having a companion several days a week to assist in the general upkeep of their home?
- Does your patient need assistance with tracking their vitals?
- Has your patient been experiencing frequent falls or are they usually out of balance?
- Does your patient suffer from caregiver fatigue due to caring for a loved one full-time?
- Has your patient been scheduled for a surgery and would benefit from having an aide to assist in their recovery?